Should the San Diego Chargers go after Louis Nix? The Houston Texans just released him off of their roster and he could be picked up by the team now, but is he worth a roster spot?
I liked him coming out of college. He was a space eater and allowed Manti Te’o to make plays on defense for Notre Dame. He slid down the draft board and didn’t do well with the Houston Texans and now is available. Should the team take a flier on him?
Does he deserve a roster spot over some of the other players on this team? Ryan Carrethers and Darius Philon have been working hard. They deserve to be on the team. Corey Liuget and Sean Lissemore likely deserve to be part of the roster.
The biggest question would be Kendall Reyes. Should the team let go of Reyes and pick up Nix? What does Reyes provide to this defense at this time? He has not been able to be a pass rush specialist that we had hoped and he gets pushed around when he is trying to defend against the run. He is wasted space at this moment.
If the choice is between Louis Nix and Kendall Reyes, what would you do?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better