Just like every other team in the league, the San Diego Chargers are dealing with bumps and bruises from the first couple of weeks in the preseason. Manti Te’o has been sitting out the last couple of practices and Orlando Franklin also has been out for the last couple of practices.
Chargers LG Orlando Franklin is not practicing for the second day in a row.
— Tom Krasovic (@UTkrasovic) August 27, 2015
Didn’t both Te’o and Franklin get in a little scuffle in practice recently. I am not saying that is the reason for their injury at all, but it is a coincidence.
The team should just rest the players that need the rest in the preseason. This game is not important to any of the name players on the roster. This game is important for shaping out the 53 man roster. It is important for the players that are fighting for a roster spot.
It would be great to get the first team offensive line on the field for Melvin Gordon in his most significant action since joining the team, but this is still the preseason. Gordon can just wait for an opportunity to run behind that massive line in the first week of the season against the Detroit Lions. We all want to see what the rookie will do, but he should be able to still produce without the left guard on the field.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better