San Diego Chargers: Players to watch in preseason
Jun 16, 2015; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers linebacker Kyle Emanuel (51) participates in a drill during minicamp at Charger Park. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
The depth at outside linebacker is scary thin. Behind Melvin Ingram and Jerry Attaochu are a bunch of guys that have not proven anything in the league. Even the starters Ingram and Attaochu have a lot to prove.
We will be looking at the rookies Kyle Emanuel and Ryan Mueller to see if they will be able to provide anything on the outside for the team this season. We need someone to step up to prove as a capable rotation player. Both have made plays in training camp, but can they do it when it all counts?
If neither of them show up, this team will have to look for more depth in free agency. They likely will want to go down that road anyway. Tourek Williams and Cordarro Law are the players that are listed on the 2nd team and both of the rookies could easily work their way up the ladder. Does that mean much though?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better