San Diego Chargers division rival Kansas City Chiefs will be without nose tackle Dontari Poe for training camp and the injury could keep him out of some regular season games as well.
The Kansas City Chiefs always seem to lose someone big during the regular season and it sounds like it already started for them this season. They will lose huge nose tackle Dontari Poe for training camp and it sounds like the injury will keep him out for some games during the season as well.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Poe suffered a herniated disc during the offseason program and had surgery on July 15. He starts his rehab now and will be looking to get back into shape for the season. The timetable still is not known for his return, but he has already been declared out for training camp. We will see how much longer the injury takes him out.
The San Diego Chargers don’t play the Chiefs until week 11 of the season. He should have plenty of time to recover for that game. We just don’t know where the Chiefs will be in the standings by that time. Poe is a big part of the defense, since he is able to eat up defenders and allow his pass rushers Justin Houston and Tamba Hali to get to the quarterback. How will this injury hurt the Kansas City Chiefs?