The San Diego Chargers will retire LaDainian Tomlinson’s jersey on November 22 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
The San Diego Chargers are going to retire LaDainian Tomlinson’s jersey this season. LT is the best running back to ever put on the Chargers jersey and definitely deserves the accolades. Nobody will ever wear the number 21 for the Chargers again.
Sometimes I still look back at some of his highlights just to remind myself how good we had it when we had him on the field. He was ridiculous and could turn any run into a long touchdown at any time. All we had to do was get the ball in his hands and he would make something happen.
He could do everything on the field. He protected his quarterback. He caught the ball out of the backfield. He picked up the tough yards and he always had the ability to hit the home run when he got the football. He even could throw the ball for a touchdown from time to time. That LT ball flip after a score will always be remembered.
He was on some of the best teams that we ever had in San Diego. It is too bad that we were never able to get him to the Super Bowl while he was here.
What was your favorite LT highlight while he was in the Chargers jersey?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better