The San Diego Chargers are finalizing a long-term deal with Corey Liuget per Ian Rapoport.
Corey Liuget and the San Diego Chargers are closing in on a long-term deal.
The #Chargers and star DE Corey Liuget are finalizing a lucrative long-term extension, source said. Should be done soon.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) June 8, 2015
The talk of the offseason has been around a couple of contracts. Eric Weddle has sat out of training camp hoping to start some negotiating on a new deal, but he was not able to get the team to budge. The Chargers are believed to work on a deal with Philip Rivers soon, but that could be a long process with the team.
While those contracts are in limbo at the moment, the Chargers worked on getting a young player on the defensive line signed to a long-term deal. Corey Liuget has been great up front for the defense and still has a lot more potential for the future. He is one of the leaders on that side of the ball and will help the team grow.
The defensive unit has a lot of young players on it and Liuget will be part of the growing process. He will be one of the building blocks on the defense for the team.
When the details of the contract are released, we will update you on this post.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better