The San Diego Chargers have added Chase Rettig onto the roster.
The San Diego Chargers have added Chase Rettig onto the roster to give the team a young option at quarterback. Rettig will get the opportunity to work with Philip Rivers and Kellen Clemens at the position. Last season, he spent time with the Green Bay Packers and got the opportunity to work with Aaron Rodgers.
— San Diego Chargers (@Chargers) May 20, 2015
He played college ball in Boston College, but is from San Clemente. He knows about the sunshine out in Southern California.
He will get his opportunity to make an impression to the coaching staff during training camp and will run the 3rd team for the Chargers. The Chargers don’t normally keep 3 quarterbacks on the roster during the season since Philip Rivers doesn’t miss games.
It will be fun to watch Rettig in training camp working with some of the young players that the Chargers have brought on. I won’t expect much out of him, but as always, the fans will likely fall in love with the 3rd string quarterback on this roster. For some reason it happens often with the young quarterbacks that we bring onto the roster.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better