The San Diego Chargers have selected Denzel Perryman in the 2nd round of the draft.
The San Diego Chargers added a stud linebacker to their front 7 with the addition of Denzel Perryman in the 2nd round of the draft. The team will likely have Donald Butler sitting on the bench a ton while he is watching Perryman and Manti Te’o handle the business at linebacker.
The Chargers struggled stopping the run on defense and should have a solid linebacker to help stop people from running the ball down their throats. Perryman has been compared to Ray Lewis and could be an amazing addition to the team. I feel that Telesco went with the best player that was on the board and ignored the needs that are in the trenches.
I like what Perryman will bring to the team, but we still will need to find some players that can block up front for Gordon and will also need to find a lineman that can clog up some people on defense.
I don’t know where this is going to leave Donald Butler on defense, but he will have to find a way to make plays on the outside and will be depth on the roster.
What do you all think of the selection of Perryman? I love the attitude that he will be bringing to the field for the Chargers.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better