The San Diego Chargers have brought in veteran LB Joe Mays for a visit.
San Diego Chargers LB Reggie Walker signed with the Denver Broncos today. The Chargers are looking at adding a former Denver Bronco onto their roster today though.
The San Diego Chargers have brought in LB Joe Mays for a visit.
— Alex Marvez (@alexmarvez) March 19, 2015
The team could use depth at the linebacker spot. Mays is a solid linebacker that wants to hit people and hit them hard. He would add immediate depth for the team at inside linebacker and would fill the roles that were left by Andrew Gachkar and Reggie Walker. Mays should also be able to help on special teams for the team.
The team will be bringing in a number of veteran players to add some depth to the roster. As stated before, the team could use some help at the linebacker positions. The outside linebacker spot is very thin. The team will need to find some vets that will be able to help out there. Free agency is not done and Tom Telesco is looking for some players to fill some holes. Mays could be a new piece that is added onto the roster.
What do you think about the possibility of Joe Mays?
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater