The New York Jets are hosting Marcus Gilchrist and are hoping to sign him by the end of the day.
Former San Diego Chargers S Marcus Gilchrist is in New York and the Jets are hoping to lock him into a deal by the end of the day.
— Manish Mehta (@MMehtaNYDN) March 11, 2015
More from Chargers Rumors
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons why Tom Telesco won’t trade for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: Why a Julio Jones trade will not include any players
- Why the LA Chargers are the most likely landing spot for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons Julio Jones is worth a first-round pick
- LA Chargers: Breaking down the counterpoints of a Julio Jones trade
With Marcus likely heading out of town, the team will need to find someone to fill his spot on the roster. The team is expected to bring in Miami Dolphins S Jimmy Wilson in for a visit on Friday. If the team were able to sign him, then he would be able to fill the same role that Marcus had with the Chargers.
Jahleel Addae will also get the opportunity to take a larger role on the roster with Gilchrist moving on. Addae has to stay healthy to take on a bigger role, but he has made a nice contribution when he has been on the field. He brings a nice presence in the secondary and is always looking to make a big hit.
The Chargers will need to add more depth in the secondary this offseason. Brandon Flowers was re-signed and Jason Verrett will be back from injury, but the team still needs other player to help back there.
Wilson would be a welcomed addition to the roster. The team will take any help in the secondary that they can get.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better