Free Agent S Jimmy Wilson will visit the San Diego Chargers on Friday.
Former Miami Dolphins S Jimmy Wilson will be in San Diego visiting with the Chargers on Friday. He is from San Diego and could be a player that the team brings in to join the secondary.
— Josina Anderson (@JosinaAnderson) March 11, 2015
The Chargers will be looking to add more depth in the secondary. Marcus Gilchrist is currently a free agent and could be headed out of town. The team will be looking to fill his spot on the roster. Gilchrist has been the starting safety with Eric Weddle for the past couple of seasons. Jahleel Addae will get more playing time if he is able to stay on the field.
If Wilson were brought onto the roster, he would compete for playing time with Addae as the starting safety. Wilson will be entering his 5th season in the leagye. He finished lat season with tackles and an interception. He has interceptions in his 4 seasons with the Dolphins.
The Chargers need depth in the secondary and Wilson will help provide it to the team. He wouldn’t be a blockbuster signing, but he would be a solid addition to the roster.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better