The San Diego Chargers have met with NFL Draft prospect Devante Parker. He could be a possible NFL draft selection in the first round.
With Eddie Royal heading to Chicago to hang out with his boy Jay Cutler, the San Diego Chargers will be in need of a wide receiver for next season. The Chargers could look toward free agency or they could look at the NFL draft to find a new weapon for Philip Rivers.
The Chargers are doing their evaluations of some of the best wide receivers in the draft and have already met with Devante Parker:
Devante Parker says Miami, Minnesota, Chargers, 49ers have had meetings with him
— Steve Jones (@SteveJones_CJ) March 11, 2015
Parker is one of my favorite receivers in the draft. He has the size and speed to be a solid receiver and would do wonder in the Chargers offense. He can create yards after the catch and has the speed to beat defenders deep.
Just look at some of his highlights:
Parker excelled even when Teddy Bridgewater was playing in the NFL. If the Chargers were to get him, he would have to fall to them in the first round of the draft.
Imagine having a group with Keenan Allen, Devante Parker and Malcom Floyd for next season. Allen and Parker would be the future at the position and would provide some solid play for the Chargers at the position for years.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater