Jan 12, 2014; Denver, CO, USA; San Diego Chargers safety Jahleel Addae (37) tackled Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball in the second half during the 2013 AFC divisional playoff football game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Denver defeated San Diego 24-17. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers promoted OG Jeremiah Sirles to the active roster off of the practice squad to give more depth on the offensive line. He had been on the practice squad the whole season. The team had released S Adrian Phillips in order to make room for him. Phillips has been off and on of the roster the whole season.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
With Phillips off of the roster, it means that Jahleel Addae will be available to play for the first time since his concussion against the Denver Broncos. It will be nice to have him available in the game to slow down the Baltimore Ravens run game.
Addae is an impact player on the defense, but he has to be more cautious with the way that he goes into the game. He goes all out all the time and puts himself in some pretty dangerous spots. He has injured some of his teammates because of his hits and has gotten himself injured because of his approach as well.