The San Diego Chargers brought back Cordarro Law onto the 53-man roster after placing Rich Ohrnberger on the IR. Law will be able to bring another pass rusher onto the team. He will be another player that John Pagano can dial up on passing downs.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Law will be used in combination with Melvin Ingram and Jerry Attaochu to chase quarterbacks. With Shaun Phillip released off of the Tennessee Titans, there had been some chatter between the fans about bringing him onto the squad, but the idea of adding Law onto the team seems like a better fit. Law has been on the squad for the whole season and has been working hard for the team during practice. He had a brief stint with the squad already and picked up a sack while he was up. That is already half the amount of sacks as Phillips has this year.
With other pass rushers healthy and on the field, Law will not get a ton of playing time, but he can be used in different situations on the field. Law should be activated over Tourek Williams on game days since he provides more promise and options for the team while he is on the sideline.