San Diego Chargers head coach Mike McCoy said that he will give the ball to Ryan Mathews at any yard line. We will wait to see that happen.Head Coach Mike McCoy said that he would give the ball to Ryan Mathews at any yard line. We will let his actions speak for him though. In Ryan’s first game back, they only gave him the ball between the 20s and didn’t get him any opportunities on other parts of the field.
Ballcoach McCoy says he'd give Ryan Mathews the ball on any yard line. #chargers.
— Bernie Wilson (@berniewilson) November 17, 2014
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
This will definitely be something that we will watch during the rest of the season. Branden Oliver took some carries on short yardage and in the red zone. I like what Branden is able to do, but he doesn’t have a great ability to get to the oustide and the teams stack it u[p on him a lot.
Mathews is the team’s best back in most situations. He doesn’t block the best for Philip Rivers, but he brings so much to the field when he is on there. Defenses have to respect his ability to run and have to respect his speed to the outside. He needs to get the ball in short yardage and in the goal line. When he was beating up on the defense, they need to keep feeding the hot hand.