The Arizona Cardinals have dipped into the San Diego Chargers practice squad again in order to sign QB Ryan Lindley. With the injury to Carson Palmer for the Cardinals, the team needed to get more experience on the roster at quarterback. Lindley had already been working with the Cardinals in the past and was a nice fit for the team.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
- LA Chargers: The 4 best moves of the Bolts’ offseason
- LA Chargers: 4 questions surrounding the defense in 2021
- Derwin James injury history and outlook for 2021 season
The Cardinals signed Marion Grice off of the Chargers practice squad earlier in the year with the team. This is the second time that they have taken off the Chargers practice squad.
It is a good fit for Lindley. He already knows there system and will just need a nice refresh and he will get a chance to be a on the 53-man roster. The Chargers were not going to be taking out Philip Rivers at any time soon. Rivers is one of the most durable quarterbacks in the league.