Ryan Mathews in uniform at practice
San Diego Chargers RB Ryan Mathews is in uniform during practice for the first time in over a month. I guess it is Halloween, because he dressed up like a football player.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
He won’t be playing this week against the Miami Dolphins, but his status for the game right after the BYE week against the Oakland Raiders is looking good. He did some work with the rest of the team and will likely join everyone as part of practice for the next game.
By keeping him out this weekend, he will be able to get an extra week off with the BYE coming up. Mathews will be a key player down the stretch. He is going to need to break loose on some of those runs and pick up some big yards on those stretch plays. It will be good to have another option in the run game that can actually run the football.
I can’t wait to have more injured players return to the field. Having all these guys sitting on the sideline is depressing. Imagine what we could have had with Danny Woodhead on the field as well. Too bad he will be out for the rest of the season. The only bright spot from all of the injuries is finding the talent of Branden Oliver.
For more stories like this, check out our San Diego Chargers News section.