Oct 12, 2014; Oakland, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers cornerbackJason Verrett
(22) celebrates with tight endJohn Phillips
(83) after an interception in the fourth quarter against the Oakland Raiders at O.co Coliseum. The Chargers defeated the Raiders 31-28. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports
With Shareece Wright coming back from his injury what should the Chargers do with him on defense. Should he be the starter on defense? We might not know the answer when he does make his return since Brandon Flowers has a groin injury, but WHEN all these corners can be healthy at the same time, who starts?
More from Chargers Rumors
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons why Tom Telesco won’t trade for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: Why a Julio Jones trade will not include any players
- Why the LA Chargers are the most likely landing spot for Julio Jones
- LA Chargers: 3 reasons Julio Jones is worth a first-round pick
- LA Chargers: Breaking down the counterpoints of a Julio Jones trade
Brandon Flowers obviously is one starter. Who is the starter on the opposite side? Is it Shareece Wright or Jason Verrett?
Verrett has shown off his skills on the field with his opportunity. He is rated as one of the best corners in the game by Pro Football Focus as well. Where does that leave Wright?
Wright was the starter when he was injured, but the injury allowed Verrett to get on the field and get more snaps. It may have cost him his starting role.
Whoever starts the game on the bench will still see plenty of snaps. Someone has to slow down the slot player.
Wright is a solid corner. He has been solid in his snaps this season as well. I just don’t know if he is the best option at the corner anymore. Verrett already has shown strong instincts at the position and will only get better. Verrett may have stolen the starting role.
Check out our San Diego Chargers Rumors page to see more thoughts and opinions from the Bolt Beat crew.