Oct 5, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers inside linebacker Donald Butler (56) makes the stop on New York Jets quarterback Michael Vick (1) in the third quarter of the game at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers have a tough division game this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs. It is not going to be an easy game by any standards and the Chargers really haven’t faced this type of competition in a bit. This might be giving too much credit to the Chiefs, but the last few teams that the Chargers have faced are pretty terrible.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
This time they will be facing up against the Chiefs though that have a solid group of players. The defense will be key in winning this game. The defense will need to stop the run and they will also have to make sure that Alex Smith is uncomfortable in the pocket.
The Chiefs have a number of issues on their offensive line, so this will be a game that the pass rush will need to get to him.
Here are 3 key players on defense for the Chargers.