Oct 5, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers cornerback Brandon Flowers (26) intercepts a pass intended for New York Jets wide receiver Greg Salas (17) in the second quarter of the game at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea-USA TODAY Sports
Brandon Flowers doesn’t want to miss this game this week against his former team the Kansas city Chiefs. This is a game that he likely has circled on the calendar. He is out on the field during stretches today and will look to join the rest of his team during practice.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
On Sunday, Flowers hurt his groin and sat out after he was injured. We were unsure how long the injury would keep him on the sideline, but it looks like he is going to get out there.
Flo has revenge on his mind. He believes he is one of the best in the game and the Chiefs released him off the roster. One of the reasons why he signed with the Chargers was to face the Chiefs twice in one season.
He has been having an epic season to this point and his first chance to face the Chiefs is this weekend.
I hope he is healthy enough to get on the field for the defense’s sake. I also hope he tears it up on defense to stick it to his old team.