Oct 12, 2014; Oakland, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers running back Branden Oliver (43) rushes for a gain against the Oakland Raiders during the fourth quarter at O.co Coliseum. The San Diego Chargers defeated the Oakland Raiders 31-28. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports
We have been talking about the free agents on the Chargers for a little bit today and we have to bring up another potential free agent that has been getting some attention. What do the Chargers do with Ryan Mathews? Before Branden Oliver started going off, it seemed that the Chargers really needed to find a way to re-sign Mathews, but with Oliver on the roster it seems that the team has someone that can take the football and run with it.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Oliver could be the future as the starter on this roster and the team already has Danny Woodhead on the roster. Donald Brown, even though we all have no faith in him, is still signed for a few more years as well.
At this point, it seems that the team could walk away from Ryan and focus on the other free agents on the roster. THey can look toward the draft to bring in another running back.
Oliver looks like he is wrapping up the job for the future. Next season will feature both Branden Oliver and Danny Woodhead.