Aug 7, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers outside linebackerJeremiah Attaochu
(97) looks across the line at Dallas Cowboys quarterbackBrandon Weeden
(3) during the first quarter at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers started out the season hot with their pass rush, but they were not able to get enough pressure on Derek Carr last weekend. The team was able to get Jerry Attaochu back onto the field and he should be able to be a threat in that department.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
He almost had the strip sack to end the game against the Oakland Raiders, but his hand got up in the facemask and he was called for a penalty. He will be needed to step up in the next few games.
The Chargers will be facing Alex Smith this coming week and will follow it up with a Thursday Night game against Peyton Manning. Both vets will look to get the ball out quickly to avoid the pressure.
Attaochu will be needed down the stretch. It seems that he is healthy and will be an impact for this defense while he is in there. Team him up with Cordarro Law and Dwight Freeney and this team should be able to generate some pressure.
We will need it.