Oct 12, 2014; Oakland, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers running back Branden Oliver (43) tries to break by Oakland Raiders cornerback T.J. Carrie (38) and Raiders strong safety Usama Young (26) during the fourth quarter at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Bob Stanton-USA TODAY SportsBranden Oliver is up for the Rookie of the Week award again. This is the second week in a row for the youngster. He won the award last week with his performance against the New York Jets and this time around he is up for the award for his performance against the Oakland Raiders.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Oliver ran for 101 yards on the ground and had 23 receiving yards in the game. He ran for the game-winning score by leaping over the top of the pile.
“Hard Hat” has been a huge playmaker for the offense since he has gotten the opportunity to take the football. He will see the rock more and more and will get more opportunities until Ryan Mathews gets on the field. It is fun to watch the little rock slide through the line and find holes to pick up some nice chunks of yards.
Let’s get Oliver the award for the second week in a row. We may need to start talking about the rookie of the year award if he keeps putting up performances like this.