Shareece Wright Could Be Available Against Kansas City
Sep 21, 2014; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Buffalo Bills running backC.J. Spiller
(28) is tackled by San Diego Chargers cornerbackShareece Wright
(29) during the first half at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
Shareece Wright has missed the last couple of games with a knee injury, but is getting close to a return. According to the UT San Diego, he could be available this weekend against the Kansas City Chiefs. We will be watching the practice reports to see if he is able to step out onto the field.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
Wright’s return could be just in time as Brandon Flowers re-injured his groin over the weekend against the Oakland Raiders. We will watch the practice reports for his status as well.
With Wright on the sideline, the team has relied on Jason Verrett in the starting role and Richard Marshall getting more reps on defense. Wright would be a nice player to have back on defense. It would be nice to have all the players in the secondary available at the same time. I can see Wright returning to the field and Flowers missing out on the game.
Unfortunately it would be a game that Flowers really wanted to play in.