Sep 28, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) drops back to pass during the third quarter against the Jacksonville Jaguars at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Could I get tired about the greatness of Philip Rivers? Probably not!
He keeps racking up the awards and I am all about it. On top of winning AFC player of the month, he just won the award for FedEx Player of the Week for his performance against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
I didn’t think he would pull this one off. Andrew Luck had better numbers this week, but the people have spoken. Philip Rivers gets the award for tossing for 377 yards and 3 touchdowns in the Chargers 33-17 win against the Jaguars.
Because of this win, San Diego’s chapter of the American Red Cross will now be awarded a $2000 donation in Rivers’ name. Let’s make more donations out that way this year!