Sep 28, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) throws the ball over Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Roy Miller (97) and defensive end Andre Branch (90) during third quarter action at Qualcomm Stadium. The Chargers won 33-14. Mandatory Credit: Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
Philip Rivers has been playing out of his skin this season and again he has been nominated for the FedEx Air Player of the Week. This will be his second nomination in the first 4 weeks of the year.
Here are the other nominees for Week 4’s performance:
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
· Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck passed for 393 yards and threw four touchdowns in the Colts’ 41-17 victory against the Tennessee Titans.
· San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers completed 29 of 39 passes for 377 yards and three touchdowns in the Chargers’ 33-14 win against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
· Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco threw for 327 yards and three touchdowns as the Ravens defeated the Panthers 38-10.
Last time Philip won the award when he put up the numbers against the Seattle Seahawks. This time it is against the Jacksonville Jaguars. He will have tough competition this week though with Luck’s performance against the Tennessee Titans. Luck lit them up with 4 touchdown passes and was just shy of 400 yards passing.