Seriously, I am contemplating the fact that Philip Rivers should be the front-runner right now to be the Most Valuable Player this season.
More from Bolt Beat
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
- LA Chargers: The 4 best moves of the Bolts’ offseason
- LA Chargers: 4 questions surrounding the defense in 2021
- Derwin James injury history and outlook for 2021 season
The San Diego Chargers took down the Jacksonville Jaguars 33-14, and Philip Rivers threw for 377 yards and 3 TD’s, and of course 0 INT’s.
The run defense struggled. Without Manti Te’o it seemed as if they were back to the 2013 Chargers not being able to stop an average running back in Toby Gerhart. But Brandon Flowers and Eric Weddle still gave the Bolts defense that swag only allowing 14 points in the end.
But throughout the whole game, Philip Rivers never disappointed. Here’s a little sweet reminder what number 17 did all game.
Did you enjoy those GIF’s? Well, those are the three touchdowns that he delivered against the Jaguars. Let’s give them credit for putting pressure on Rivers all day with that impressive front, but as usual our franchise quarterback found a way to squirm and move in that pocket graciously.
The San Diego Chargers have the New York Jets next week, and they also have a sub-par secondary. With Donald Brown struggling, (more Marion Grice?), we may see the same production and usage of Rivers and his arm.