Sep 8, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; San Diego Chargers offensive guard Chris Watt (65) against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals defeated the Chargers 18-17. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY SportsSan Diego Chargers C Rich Ohrnberger has been officially listed on the injury report as doubtful. The team will be going into Week 4 with another starter in the middle of the offensive line and it could be rookie Chris Watt making his first start of his career.
I look forward to seeing another Tom Telesco draft pick getting his chance to produce. He was third on the depth chart at the position going into the season, but now he could be taking over the starting role.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
Watt looked good in the preseason and looking like a candidate to take the starting guard position with Jeromey Clary out, but an injury halted those talks. He is healthy now and ready to play and will likely be seen at center.
The team drafted him with the thoughts of him becoming the future center on the roster. He played guard in Notre Dame, but the team already had thoughts of switching him. He got the work in training camp at center and worked at it during the preseason and will likely be asked to do it full-time on Sunday. Could he hang onto the job past Sunday?