Sep 8, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; San Diego Chargers offensive guardChris Watt
(65) against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals defeated the Chargers 18-17. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
Could San Diego Chargers rookie Chris Watt make his first NFL start at center? Rich Ohrnberger has taken the starting role since Nick Hardwick was placed on IR, but he has missed the last couple of practices because of an injury and Watt has stepped into the role with the first team at practice. Could we have another change up front on the offensive line.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
- LA Chargers: The 4 best moves of the Bolts’ offseason
- LA Chargers: 4 questions surrounding the defense in 2021
- Derwin James injury history and outlook for 2021 season
I have been waiting to see the rookie get reps up front with the first team, but I was hoping that it would be for Johnnie Troutman. Troutman has struggled a bit at right guard with stunts and he has not been able to create many holes in the run game. At best, he should be a guard that comes in off of the bench. Some people have even been wondering when Jeromey Clary is going to get back on the field… I am one of those.
I look forward to seeing the rookie on the field and hope that he can be an upgrade to the middle of the offensive line.