Sep 21, 2014; Orchard Park, NY, USA; Buffalo Bills quarterbackEJ Manuel
(3) is called for a safety as he intentionally grounds a pass from the end zone under pressure by San Diego Chargers defensive endCorey Liuget
(94) at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Chargers beat the Bills 22-10. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers DE Corey Liuget has been named defensive player of the week for his performance against the Buffalo Bills (Pro Football Talk). Liuget finished the game with 6 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
It has been great to see Liuget play up to a high level again. We all can see that the injuries that bugged him last season affected his play and now that he is healthy, he is back on pace to being one of the best defensive linemen in the game.
His pass rush has been huge for the defensive front. He has been able to beat his man and it has forced quarterbacks to get rid of the ball early or start running. The Chargers have had a good pass rush to start out the season and have been able to generate pressure with their guys up front.
We look forward to seeing what Liuget will be able to do for the rest of the season. He has a good cast of players around him this season and it should help him be the dominant player that he wants to be.