Sep 21, 2014; Orchard Park, NY, USA; San Diego Chargers running backDonald Brown
(34) runs with the ball as Buffalo Bills defensive tackleKyle Williams
(95) pursues during the second half at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Chargers beat the Bills 22-10. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Hoffman-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers trust in Branden Oliver and Donald Brown to take the load until Ryan Mathews returns to the team. Mathews will likely be out at least for another 4 weeks and while he is out, the team will hand the ball off to Donald Brown and Branden Oliver.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Oliver didn’t get much work last weekend, but the load should increase this week. He should get a lot more love this time around with the team switching around the gameplan to include him.
Donald Brown will definitely get the bulk of the work. He did a decent job in his first start, even though the numbers weren’t inspiring. When the team needed to run the ball, he wasn’t able to get it done in the final quarter. It was a combination of blocking and the opposing team knew what was coming.
Whoever the team was going to sign wasn’t going to see a ton of action. Telesco was already prepared for injuries at the position and picked his player to take over the role for this situation. Donald Brown was that selection and now he will get his chance to prove Telesco right. The Bills have a tough run defense and Brown did an OK job. He should be able to pick up more steam in these next few games.