Sep 14, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers running back Danny Woodhead (39) reacts after a first down run during the second quarter against the Seattle Seahawks at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
It is official now, the San Diego Chargers will be without Danny Woodhead for the rest of the year. He suffered a broken fibula and will be placed on the IR.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
I will miss seeing that dude run through the middle of the offensive line among the trees and picking up tough yards. I will also miss seeing him make the plays in the passing game. Lastly, going to miss his swag after picking up a huge first down.
The team will go with the next man up, but we still don’t know who that will be. With Woodhead headed to the IR, the team will need to fill his roster spot with someone. Branden Oliver took over some of the duties while he was out, but the team leaned heavily on Donald Brown with Woodhead out of the lineup. Time to find someone to fill his spot.
The team plans on filling that spot on the roster by the end of the day. Let’s see who the team goes with.