Sep 14, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; Seattle Seahawks quarterbackRussell Wilson
(3) gets off a pass under pressure from San Diego Chargers outside linebacker Melvin Ingram (54) during third quarter action at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers have been without 2 key linebackers at practice this whole week. Both Melvin Ingram and Jerry Attaochu have missed practice this week because of hamstring issues. Both are big contributors to the team’s pass rush.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Melvin Ingram was dealing with the hamstring issues last week also, but was able to get into some practices. He has sat out the whole week of practices this time around. He was instrumental in the team’s win against the Seattle Seahawks and the team would love to have him on the field this weekend to hit E.J. Manuel.
Rookie Jerry Attaochu made his presence felt in the first game of the year, but sat most of the game against Seattle with his hamstring issue. He likely will not get a lot of playing time this weekend because of the hammy injury.
If Ingram and Attaochu are not available this weekend, the Chargers will rely on Jarret Johnson and Dwight Freeney on the outside. Last weekend, the team was without Johnson for the whole game and Attaochu for most of the game.
How much will the team miss Ingram and Attaochu?