Sep 14, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates (85) pulls in his third touchdown of the game in the third quarter against Seattle Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor (31) and linebacker K.J. Wright (50) at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Robert Hanashiro-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates has been named the offensive player of the week after his performance against the Seattle seahawks defense this weekend. He abused that pass defense with his work against the linebackers and safeties.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
He finished the game with 3 touchdowns on 7 catched for 96 yards. He moved the chains all game long and caught everything that was thrown to him.
He definitely deserved the recognition for his play against the Seahawks. He has started out the season strong in the first 2 games and will get the chance to add to his numbers this weekend against the Buffalo Bills. He still has the talent to get open and box out defenders for catches.
I look forward to seeing what Gates will be able to do this season. Philip Rivers loves to go in his direction when he needs some yards or the score and Gates usually comes up with the catch.