Aug 15, 2014; Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Seahawks tight end Zach Miller (86) is tackled by San Diego Chargers defensive back Jahleel Addae (37) just short of the end zone during the first half at CenturyLink Field. Mandatory Credit: Steven Bisig-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers S Jahleel Addae has finally joined the team in practice this week. He had been sidelined since preseason and the team has been working Darrell Stuckey a lot more on the defense with Addae out.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
It would be a nice addition to the defense. Addae is one of the playmakers on the roster and would bring another big hitter to the secondary.
He has sat out for some time and could use a few practices to get back to speed with the rest of the guys on the roster. I would love to see him running around on the field and making plays in the secondary again. We would have a couple of guys in the secondary with their hair flipping around and it would likely confuse me a bit.
The team has had a few small injuries that has not allowed the whole defense to get on the field at the same time. If Addae is able to return, they would likely be without Brandon Flowers. last weekend, we were without Flowers and Jarret Johnson in the game.