Sep 14, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) gestures at the line during the fourth quarter against the Seattle Seahawks at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers has been nominated for the FedEx Air Player of the Week. Quite a nomination when he was facing up against one of the best defensive secondaries in the game.
Here are the nominees this week:
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
· Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers threw for 346 yards and three touchdowns in the Packers’ 31-24 victory against the New York Jets.
· Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Nick Foles threw for 331 yards and a touchdown in a 30-27 win over the Indianapolis Colts
· San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers completed 28 of 37 passes for 284 yards and three touchdowns as the Chargers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 30-21.
Get out there and vote for Rivers. He deserves it for moving the ball against the Seattle Seahawks like he did.