Sep 8, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; San Diego Chargers tight end Antonio Gates (85) against the Arizona Cardinals at University of Phoenix Stadium. The Cardinals defeated the Chargers 18-17. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The injury report was released today and Antonio Gates was listed as probable on the report. He should be out there on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks. The Chargers could use all the help that they can get on offense and Philip Rivers would love to have his favorite target on the field against that defense.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Gates was able to practice today with his hamstring injury. Melvin Ingram also was able to join practice today with the hamstring injury. He was listed on the injury report as questionable. If he is unable to get on the field, Jarret Johnson, Dwight Freeney and Jerry Attaouchu will get the main work at the outside linebacker role.
Brandon Flowers suffered a groin injury yesterday and was unable to practice today. He was placed on the injury report as questionable as well.
Jahleel Addae will not play in the game on Sunday. He has not practiced in a month with his hamstring injury.