Aug 28, 2014; Oakland, CA, USA; Oakland Raiders cornerback Keith McGill (39) forces a fumble against Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Bryan Walters (19) during the first quarter at O.co Coliseum. Mandatory Credit: Ed Szczepanski-USA TODAY Sports
Remember Bryan Walters? He was the white wide receiver that everyone wanted to keep on the roster a couple of seasons ago because everyone thought he would be the next Wes Welker. He returned a kickoff for a touchdown for the Chargers in the preseason. He is returning to the field in Qualcomm Stadium but this time for the visiting Seattle Seahawks.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Walters was just given the punt return duties for the Seahawks this weekend. Earl Thomas opened the season as the punt returner for the team, but he fumbled last week and has already been replaced in that role. I wish Thomas could be replaced in the safety role instead. He is the best safety in the league and we should hear his name often this weekend.
The Chargers did well on special teams in their first game of the year. Stopping Walters will be one of their responsibilities, but we won’t be punting much in this game…. right? Touchdowns and field goals all game!