Aug 28, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers offensive tackle D.J. Fluker (76) talks to Arizona Cardinals offensive guard Anthony Steen (71) after the game at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers RT D.J. Fluker hurt his knee in the game against the Arizona Cardinals yesterday, but finished the game. He went in for an MRI today according to Michael Gehlken. How bad was that injury? Seemed to be minor since he was able to finish the game, but if there is anything that will keep him on the sideline for some time it could get ugly up front.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
The news on Fluker seems to be flying under the radar, but we all know how Mike McCoy likes to keep his injury news on the low. The depth at the position isn’t the strongest, especially with Jeromey Clary out still with an injury. Can’t believe that Clary would likely be the best option at the position.
Hopefully the news on Fluker is good from the MRI. He is one tough mutha, but injuries to the knee always are scary to talk about in the NFL.