Aug 24, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington (38) in the first half against the Cincinnati Bengals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers will not know if they will see a couple of Arizona Cardinals playmakers in the game until the game starts. Both RB Andre Ellington and S Tyrann Mathieu are game time decisions for Monday’s game in Arizona.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
I am sure that the coaching staffs of the Cardinals have a good idea if these guys are going to get into the game and just don’t want to show their hand. They don’t want to show any signs on weaknesses before the game.
I wouldn’t mind if either of them sat for the whole game. I will take any advantage that they give to us. If their starting running back is unable to play in the game, then I would be happy to see him on the sideline. He is an elusive back and could give the Chargers some troubles. We don’t exactly excel in the tackling department at this time.
If Mathieu has to sit on the sideline, then it gives Philip Rivers a bit of an advantage in the passing game. I take any advantage that is given to us. I want this win!