Aug 24, 2014; Glendale, AZ, USA; Arizona Cardinals running back Andre Ellington (38) in the first half against the Cincinnati Bengals at University of Phoenix Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
The San Diego Chargers face off against the Arizona Cardinals on Monday Night and it looks like they will not see starting Cardinals RB Andre Ellington in the game. Ellington aggravated a left foot injury and underwent an MRI on Thrusday and could be out for an extended period of time, according to Mike Jurecki.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Ellington is an elusive running back that could have gave the Chargers some trouble in the first game of the year. He will not be a threat to worry about in week 1 of the season though. The defense can put more of their focus on stopping that Cardinals flying attack with Michael Floyd and Larry Fitzgerald now.
Sucks to hear about key players missing a game, but I don’t mind if they are missing that game against the Chargers. Whatever gets us to the playoffs and gets us wins. I know we want to be tested at some point in the season, but we need to open up this season with the win and I will take that little bit of breathing room at this point.