August 24, 2014; Santa Clara, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) kneels on the sideline during the third quarter against the San Francisco 49ers at Levi
Philip Rivers has gone from a quarterback that was declining under Norv Turner to a top 5 ranked quarterback according to NFL.com. Remember when Rivers was considered at the top of the list in the past? He is the best quarterback in the league that does not have a Super Bowl.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees are at the top of the NFL.com list with Rivers sitting right behind them. The reason why the Chargers have a chance to do anything this season is Philip Rivers.
Without his play on the field, the offense would just be average and the defense would likely fall apart. How would the defense fall apart? Rivers keeps the chains moving and keeps the offense on the field to get them rest and also keeps opposing offenses on the sideline. That is how valuable Rivers is to this team.
The Chargers will be competing for a playoff spot at the end of the year and it will be because of the play of Philip Rivers. He has gained respect again and needs to roll in the playoffs to gain more love from people.