August 24, 2014; Santa Clara, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) passes the football against the San Francisco 49ers during the first quarter at Levi
Will Brad Sorensen be part of this roster? That will be the question. I can see the team going either way and I will leave him around unless the team is able to find someone to pick up off of waivers.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
Running Backs (4)
Branden Oliver only showed flash in the game against the Dallas Cowboys defense. The Cowboys barely have a defense and Oliver wasn’t even touched on some of those huge runs. Grice stepped up in the final preseason game and showed his potential finally. Was it enough to win a final roster spot. I think yes. Oliver still has a chance to make the roster as a return man.
Tight Ends (4)
John Phillips was the only question mark on the roster and he showed his worth in the final preseason game.
Wide Receivers (6)
This team has to keep Ajirotutu on the roster. He is too valuable on special teams and can make plays on offense.
Offensive Linemen (8)
Since Jeromey Clary is starting out the season on the PUP list, the team needs someone to fill in at the swing tackle role. Big Willie Style likely won the job in the preseason.