Chargers OL Jeromey Clary to start season on PUP list
Nov 24, 2013; Kansas City, MO, USA; San Diego Chargers guard Jeromey Clary (66) stretches before the game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium. San Diego won 41-38. Mandatory Credit: John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers OL Jeromey Clary is going to start the season on the PUP list and the team will start Johnnie Troutman at the right guard position next to D.J. Fluker. When Clary returns, he will likely serve as depth on the offensive line and will be able to play any of the positions on the right side of the line.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
- Chargers: Reggie Slater calls LA the “dream scenario” for Rashawn Slater
Clary has been recovering from hip, shoulder surgery in the offseason and has not been able to practice with the team yet. He will have some time to recover and can return with the rest of his teammates in the middle of the year.
Troutman showed that he can handle his own on the right side of the line. While at Penn State, he was able to open big holes in the run game. The combination of him and Fluker on the right side should be a welcomed site for Ryan Mathews and company.
Troutman spent most of his time last season on the left side of the line, but he has made the transition over to the right side this season.