Aug 15, 2014; Seattle, WA, USA; Seattle Seahawks cornerbackRichard Sherman
(25) covers San Diego Chargers wide receiver Keenan Allen (13) during the game at CenturyLink Field. Seattle defeated San Diego 41-14. Mandatory Credit: Steven Bisig-USA TODAY Sports
Let’s just get this San Diego Chargers prediction out of the way before everyone starts putting out their season predictions a in a week. The San Diego Chargers will make the playoffs this season. I could be blinded, I could be called a homer, but the San Diego Chargers will make the playoffs this season. What they do from there is anyone’s guess.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Skeptics wonder if the team will be able to win with the schedule that we have. The Chargers face off against the NFC West and have to go up against that tough division. That doesn’t matter too much to me. The Chargers have a team that is able to compete with those top teams. Philip Rivers and the offense will be one of the best offenses in the league. The defense has things to work on, but they should be able to make some stops and should be able to force more turnovers this year.
The Chargers were a playoff team last year (some say it was lucky) and the roster is better than last year. The team is stronger and they have a whole season under Mike McCoy now. McCoy has a season under his belt as the head coach and has learned a lot.
This team has the pedigree. This team has the players. This team will be in the playoffs and will make some noise.