Aug 7, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers defensive back Adrian Phillips (44) and cornerback Jason Verrett (22) smiles as they walk off the field after the Chargers beat the Dallas Cowboys at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
Jason Verrett has been sporting the red jersey for all of training camp to keep him away from any contact, but today the team had him out his normal red jersey and on the field per Michael Gehlken. He will see more contact and could be ready to see action this week against the San Francisco 49ers.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
This preseason action will allow the starters to see the most action on the field and Verrett will see some action against some top players in the league… at least against the 49ers.
Verrett has not played in any preseason action this year, but it looks like he is lined up to see the action on Sunday against the 49ers. The fans have been looking forward to seeing their number 1 pick see the field. It will be nice to see the secondary with all of it’s talent out there making plays. Hopefully the team can find some help on the defensive line to slow down the running game. The 49ers likely will pound it more with that run game too.