Aug 7, 2014; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers cornerback Jason Verrett (22) and wide receiver Keenan Allen (13) and cornerback Steve Williams (23) and head coach Mike McCoy during the third quarteragainst the Dallas Cowboys at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Jake Roth-USA TODAY Sports
San Diego Chargers rookie CB Jason Verrett is still sporting the red jersey in practice today. The team still wants to keep him away from contact and they are doing whatever they can in order to get him ready for the regular season.
More from LA Chargers News
- LA Chargers: 3 early takeaways from 2021 minicamp thus far
- LA Chargers: Drue Tranquill takes a jab at Gus Bradley’s defense
- LA Chargers second-year players: Nothing to lose and a lot to gain
- LA Chargers: Why running back could be a big issue for the Bolts
- LA Chargers: Chris Rumph’s upside is Melvin Ingram-like, but better
Verrett likely will sit out the 2nd preseason game of the year in order to keep the wear and tear off of his shoulder. He has been on the practice field with the rest of his team for a couple of weeks now, but he has only been able to join them with the red jersey on.
The biggest question with Verrett avoiding contact during training camp will be his tackling abilities. He will have to knock off some of that rust soon. There will only be a couple more preseason games left, maybe we will see him out of the red jersey soon and in action then. He did suit up in the game against the Cowboys, but he didn’t get any action though.