Chargers’ Three Essential Offensive Players That Must Have a Great Season
Just Missed the Cut
Dec 29, 2013; San Diego, CA, USA; San Diego Chargers offensive tackle D.J. Fluker (76) talks in a team huddle prior to the game against the Kansas City Chiefs at Qualcomm Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
4. DJ Fluker– Fluker has to build on his very strong rookie season and continue to pave holes for the running backs to burst through.
5. Malcom Floyd– Malcom is coming back from a very serious neck injury, but he has to shake it off. The Chargers still do not have the number 2 WR spot filled yet, but Floyd has been that guy for a long time. He must provide Rivers with that deep threat.
6. Danny Woodhead– Woodhead helped Rivers in a tremendous way last year. Getting crucial yards at crucial times was his specialty and he somehow found a way to keep Philip on the field.
7. Keenan Allen– Keenan Allen is not higher on this list because he will probably be the main focus of all defenses. They know who he is now. Even if he doesn’t put up numbers like fans expect him too, trust me he has contributed.
8. Rest of the Offensive Line– The tackles aren’t the only ones who are important. Nick Hardwick, Jeromey Clary, and Chad Rinehart has to be stable on the inside, but if they aren’t then the Bolts have other options in Rich Ohrnberger, Chris Watt, and Johnnie Troutman.