Oct 23, 2011; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) smiles on the sideline during the first half at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Ed Mulholland-US PRESSWIRE
After another disappointing 8-8 season for the San Diego Chargers I thought I would offer up some tips on building teamwork and keeping the momentum during the season.
1. Taco Cart – I recently had a taco cart in our back yard. It brought neighbors, friends and family together and it was the best party ever. Throw in a fire pit and everyone will be glad to be there together.
2. Pool Party – Floaties, frosty drinks, cannonball competition and viola – team building.
3. Pin the tail on Norv’s face – Who wouldn’t like to participate in this activity? You can vary it with horns on head or whatever feels right. Whoever gets closest gets to punch him in the face. I hope it’s me!
4. Beach Day – Canopies, bar-b-que, surfing and volleyball. Bring sunscreen and a towel and get together for fun in the sun. A much better way to relax than watching gameday film.
5. Spa Day – The guys need to get out of Chargers park. Head over to the Catamaran, get relaxed, have mimosas and chat about winning.
I have no idea what techniques Norv has tried before, if any. But these are some of the ideas would use to keep the team in harmony. I think if they feel more like a family they might actually care if the people around them are doing well and all of a sudden they would act like a team. They might care if Philip gets sacked or call Gates out if he misses an easy catch. Quite possibly, there would be no need to pee on the field.
ps. Thank you so much for all of the well wishes and kind words last week while I was in the hospital. My appendix will no longer be bothering me. ?