Chargers vs Chiefs: Inside the Numbers
Because we as Chargers fans know that the stats tell the whole story… 1st place offense and 1st place defense without the playoffs!! We still like looking at the numbers. So here are some of the stats this week:
0. the number of Chargers players that faked an injury this week
0-1. 4th down efficiency. Another week in which we turn the ball over on downs!
0-6. The combined records of the teams that we beat this season. Vikings and Chiefs are still looking for that first victory.
1-2. turnover battle was won by the opponent again this week. The defense has not been able to force any turnovers and the offense has been giving it up way too much.
2. We could have lost the ball a couple more times with a couple of fumbles that we put on the floor and were able to get the luck bounce. Patrick Crayton and Philip Rivers both put that ball on the ground.
3. the number of Chargers players that had REAL injuries and had to leave the game (Quentin Jammer, Antonio Garay, Jacques Cesaire)
4. The number of times the Chiefs punted the ball. Coincidentally, this is the same number of times I was asking for a new punt returner to replace Bryan Walters.
8. Tackles by Donald Butler. Butler is getting better and better with every week. He led the team in tackles this week and did a good job stopping the run and covering the flats.
21-4. The distribution of caries between Ryan Mathews and Mike Tolbert. This should look like the theme from here on out!
246. Number of return yards the Chiefs had (Kickoffs, punts, and interceptions)